Monday, July 21, 2008

Beat up

As some may know David has had various problems with his elbows, wrists, and shoulders. While we were home he saw various doctors, and one treatment was neuromuscular 'massage.' So, week in and week out he went, Maybe it helped, maybe not. Upon returning here he decided he was going to try the 'blind guys.' In most cities here, blind men are trained in massage, and they are popular. At the end of every work day their shops are full of people with aches and pains. I actually went about two years ago when I could hardly move my neck. David has already gone a few times and felt that these guys were great and got really deep into his muscles. And for only $1.50, who can beat it. Two days ago he found a different shop, closer to home, and decided to try it out. All the guys were busy, so the boss, a lady who is not blind, decided to come out of retirement and use her hands again (she said it had been two years). When he came home, he looked 'slap wore out' as they say in the south. "You look like you have been beat up." I said with a cringe. "I was," he answered, walking in slowly. Apparently this lady dug her elbows in his back all the way through to his ribs. The next day? He felt better than he has since we arrived here. He's going back for more tomorrow.