Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mothering two

Barely. I say barely because Isabella has been wanting to nurse every hour from about 3-6 a.m. for the past three nights. Last night was much better. By the time the sun is up I am ready for serious sleep. David and Poppy and CC have been wonderful, letting me sleep while they do other things...
So really, I don't quite feel like I am mothering two yet...but it will come. I am so thankful for the help. I need to write an 'Ode to Poppy and CC' and their extraordinary efforts in serving us by loving on their granddaughters. They win all awards for grandparents, parents, friends of the decade in my book. They just have a few short days left....it will be too sad. Sophia has LOVED all the time with them. They have taken her to the mall, to the play place, they brought her to the hospital every day while we were there. They bought a cake and gifts and we celebrated Sophia's 2nd birthday (early), it was fantastic. Today David took them all to the zoo...sorry no pics yet.