Monday, July 13, 2009

Our return...

My brain mush is starting to clear. Not to say it won't be mush again tomorrow from sleep deprivation, packing, cleaning, disciplining, etc. But for now, I can think clearly once more. David took Sophia to the play place, I kept Isabella up for a while, put her down, and took a shower. What a shower can do for the soul...

Things are going okay here. Isabella is up more at night, so I am trying trying to keep her awake more during the day. This is a difficult task, I find myself being a lazy parent in all sorts of new ways these days...with Isabella, with Sophia... with everything. Yesterday, with an hour to myself, I had some good reading and rethinking, the Word is so good. I was deeply encouraged, repentant, and invigorated to rest in Grace, and move forward in faith, with diligence, not laziness, with thankfulness, not grumbling, with joy, not anxiety. These are my confessions to you. I could write a book full of them, for sure. Boring....I move on...

we return home this Thursday, if all goes as planned. We are SO excited. We have enjoyed our time here, but we are READY. things will not be easier there, but it is our home and we miss it dearly. We can't wait to get back and get into a good routine as a family of four. David and I have been talking back through our family 'mission' statement that we wrote years ago and adjusting, refocusing for what our family looks like now. It has been a good exercise....we are still working at it, but we are excited to implement some new goals and really focus more on some old ones as well.

I may post a few more today, but then not again probably until we get settled at home. Until then...

Random pics from the day we left the hospital...


They would not let me carry Isabella out. I think it is a new policy, that may have to do with security. The nurse had to put the baby in my arms in the taxi...