We will be in the States for a short 8 weeks, mainly for David to finish up some schooling, and to give our family and friends glimpses of our growing kids. Leading up to this our life has been more than hectic. Still, the other day I said....'I am just pretty chill about this trip, it is short, no big deal, haven't really even started packing yet' (and if you know me, you know that is strange). BUT then, that night I lay awake thinking of all the things left to do. I made my little list and in the morning, with the onslaught of a head cold, I started tackling it.
More emails started coming in about scheduling, when to go where, what works best for who, car, no car, car seat laws, etc. We are an odd entity, traveling so much and having to plan out our schedules with dozens of people months in advance, and arrange so. much. stuff. Let me stop and hyperventilate right now.
Okay, I am back.
What it comes down to is this: we have amazing family and friends supporting our every step, almost literally. Without them this little mid-term trip would not be possible. We don't take that lightly. We are so thankful. And we know, we know for sure, that the crazy airplane rides ahead (5 of them), the screaming kids, the cranky adults (me!), the jet lagged beginnings, will all result in such sweet reunions and blessings we don't even know of yet. We really are excited. The late nights talking with family and friends, our kids knowing their cousins again, walks on the beach, folks meeting Tobin, sharing our lives with those who love us so well from a distance. We can't wait. U.S.A. here we come.