Saturday, May 25, 2013

Popsicles with friends

We had some of our friends (and neighbors) over for western food. I made Julie's Stromboli recipe (basically a rolled up pizza), and we had them eat salad with ranch dressing. We have had people refuse salad before, but this family did not, even our friends who eat raw pork shy away from the raw lettuce/spinach. This family really seemed to like the food. The little girl actually ate it, which amazed me. She also ate the stir-fried rice I offered :). The mom loved the sauce (my pizza sauce) that you put on top/side of the Stromboli.  Then we had dessert. Our desserts these days are pineapple, plain yogurt, and a little vanilla flavoring, put in a blender and then into Popsicle trays and the freezer. Today I did the same but added very ripe bananas that I had. Because it is pineapple and mango season, our family eats about two of each of these a day! Our girls think these Popsicles are real dessert, though I often just say we are having Mango or Pineapple for dessert. These are beautifully natural, wonderfully sweet, refreshing dessert. Who needs cheesecake and chocolate chip pie (okay, I do sometimes).
 Popsicle fun outside in the rain. Rains have really cooled things off.