Sort of.
A bakery in town recently renovated and has such a cozier feel to it. Then consider the fact that they added 'Sea Salt Coffee' and 'Mocha' to their menu, it is now my Panera.
Except that I don't every actually sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee in it, because who has time for that?
But I do buy bread there weekly (they sell fresh whole wheat, french loaves, and other breads that are quite tasty). I was reluctant to try the coffee, especially sense the first few times I asked, they 'didn't have it' which meant whoever was working didn't know how to make it.
And finally during our re-wire week, I bought David and myself hot Sea Salt coffees. De-lish. And just because it was a day (you know, one of those), when I took the kids back to school in the afternoon (the bakery is right near the school), I bought us two more, on ice. YUM again. These cost 10 yuan, or $1.63. This is not bad at all for a good cup-a-joe. But it is still a treat. I certainly need to try the mocha, what am I waiting for???
The bakery's actual name is Gartime. Its slogan: Share the Happy Time!
The set up is inspiring, you can watch them work all day long.
They make a lot of cakes, which are not great, though they look amazing.
I love the huge bowl of whipped cream, and the two stand mixers, not to mention tall counter tops, tons of counter space and huge ovens!
And did I mention they have a huge built in AC unit? So refreshing! Only one or two places in town can boast that! Come 'Share the happy time' with us!




