Rachel reading aloud to the kiddos, yes, please!
I did ask Heather if her health/life insurance was current as I took her on the back of my moto during the busiest time of the day.
I cooked only one meal for this crew because we had to take them to all of our favorite dives that proves this town has the best food in the world.
I cooked only one meal for this crew because we had to take them to all of our favorite dives that proves this town has the best food in the world.
Guess what we ate this day? Noodles! Pulled Noodles. I often don't have her use a bib anymore, we are cleaning out the 'baby' stuff. Less stuff, more messes like these. Not sure which is better.
At the pulled noodle restaurant we asked a guy that works there to play the gorde flute for us, he is really good, and he obliged.
At the pulled noodle restaurant we asked a guy that works there to play the gorde flute for us, he is really good, and he obliged.
Sewing! The girls were so psyched about this...but realized it can be slow going. Truth be told, Sophia still isn't done. She will finish tomorrow.
Heather, the patient teacher.
Getting to know Uncle Travis
Getting to know Uncle Travis
Two cut-ups right here.
And not to mention this little guy, whose devotion to Travis was greatly strengthened when we told him he was Cousin Isaiah's dad!
And not to mention this little guy, whose devotion to Travis was greatly strengthened when we told him he was Cousin Isaiah's dad!
This deserves its own post and may or may not get one...but for Bella's kindergarten graduation, her class along with one parent learned a dance and did it in front of a few hundred people. We wore the same outfit, put on glitter make up, and spent many weeks prior practicing. It was hilarious. The team was there for the main event so they went and stayed until we were done. The group of kids after us danced to Michael Jackson's 'Billy Jean'.
Brooke was our resident hair stylist, braiding our hair the same way.
We drove about an hour away and less than a mile hike in to these waterfalls. This was an adventurous day towards the end of their trip
We drove about an hour away and less than a mile hike in to these waterfalls. This was an adventurous day towards the end of their trip
We packed picnic lunches and made the journey. Gabrielle on my back again. She did great, except in the car where she cried on and off almost the whole time until Rachel comforted her with games and songs...what a lifesaver for the peeps in my car!
Look tough guys!
still more to come...
And I forgot to tell the team (who doubted our whole 'rainy season'): it has rained almost non-stop since you left. Seriously. It just stopped today. That is eleven days of rain folks. And even though I still have a low grade fever and feel uck (also 11 days), I took the kiddos outside for a short walk just to breathe the air and look up at the puffy clouds and hear birds chirp. It was great for the soul.
And I forgot to tell the team (who doubted our whole 'rainy season'): it has rained almost non-stop since you left. Seriously. It just stopped today. That is eleven days of rain folks. And even though I still have a low grade fever and feel uck (also 11 days), I took the kiddos outside for a short walk just to breathe the air and look up at the puffy clouds and hear birds chirp. It was great for the soul.