Everyone was looking forward to the Winter Break from Chinese School.
For the kids it meant less late nights of homework, for me it meant less late nights of homework...
and towing the line with all the home school that got shoved aside to prep for Chinese tests.
I prepared the kids hearts for this: we will still do school. But we will do more fun things too (Science, music, art...play!), and we will finish early!
However, we also found and signed up for some great events/opportunities. As I put these on our schedule my brain wigged out. What was I doing and how would it all work?
Deep Breath in...let's be a blessing this break, not a tiger mom....
I decided on a transition week. They did need a break. A real day (and some half days) with no school.
Early in the week they had exams, the rest of the week we eased into home school, got our bearings and tried to make sense of some sort of schedule...
Of course it started with the Soccer tourney, in the middle of which Isabella started a real Ballet class. With only me to haul them, we were all over the place!
But let's back up a tad.
The tidbits in between the chaos are also worth mentioning.
While the older kids toiled at exams...G and I fed fish in our neighborhood.
And we finished up our letter of the week curriculum. I am not sure I have any pics of me teaching the kids or at least not candid ones...David caught us in action.
David's shoulder is causing all kinds of issues (this has been a problem for years). The blind guys that give therapeutic massage also did cupping. This helped some.
End of the year parent-teacher meeting: Gabrielle made the slide show.
And Mommy Dates! One-on-one time with kids, I probe their hearts a little, we play a lot, and eat yummy snacks.
Tobin's choice was hot chocolate.
More school break adventures coming up...