We went out to eat in downtown Sarasota to a great restaurant, Geckos. They gave the kids crayons, and paper with games, which to our surprise is standard in America. But what sold us (and the kids) was the little toy plastic geckos they each received. This entertained them well. The food was delicious. Herschel always has great recommendations.
My mom and her husband Jimmy came down from Gainesville for a few days. We had a great visit. Some people say we look just alike. What do you think? By the way, this was the first Florida trip where we did not return to my hometown. Honestly, we didn't really miss it. I do love Gainesville and all things Gator, but I am movin' on I think...
It was great to catch up with my mom, She reminded me of Sophia in this pic, who likes to talk with her hands as well (I am sure she is just mimicking me, like mother, like daughter, for generations and generations).
This was often the scene in our household these two weeks.
Even Grandpa Jimmy got in on the book reading action. The girls enjoyed it.
This is one of my favorite pics...these cousins!
And this one...
Mohawk Sammy and Micah riding in style in wagon #2.
This is how we roll in Siesta Key. It was awesome. We walked a LOT, felt like China.
Proof that Anne of Green Gables is for everyone. I was asked to read this shortened version over and over and over again.
The two youngest still having to sit with the adults...
While the older ones sat elsewhere (except Sophia who 2x had issues being separated from mommy and daddy in restaurant situations, crazy)
Grandpa Jimmy and Grandma Donna enjoying the water
Grandpa Jimmy won the award this day by bringing his kite. A kite he has had for over 20 years. The kids were excited.
helping fly the kite
Sophia's hat is on backwards. This hat is a hand-me-down from Cousin Anna, and one of my favorites. Sadly, it is now on the bottom of the Atlantic off of Wrightsville Beach, NC somewhere. It blew off when David was taking Sophia out and was immediately swept under, we searched and searched to no avail. I kept telling Sophia that a fish was wearing it. She said that a bird would pick it up. And I finished up the story by saying maybe it would be flown back to China...she loved this idea.
Sophia burying Micah in the sand. This was the day that Julie and Travis took Isaiah parasailing! David and I, along with my mom and step-dad took everyone else to the beach. Isaiah loved parasailing and was not scared. A brave 7 year old!
We let Bella explore the beach this day. She loved it, and has proven fearless.
The Coker family with Grandpa Jimmy and Grandma Donna
The Williams family with Grandpa Jimmy and Grandma Donna
With the grandkids. I had to post this pic because it is so amusing. Both our girls are crying, while Anna is entertaining herself, and the other Williams kids are just chill....unfortunately this was a little too typical.
We visited a town favorite: The old Salty Dog. And David ordered one, this is an anti-Vegan meal right here....how far away from healthy can you get. The dog is deep fried and topped with all these goodies. It was actually pretty tasty. But made me want to eat more veg.
I love this pic, favorite people, fun times. Uncle Herschel was lots of fun!
Three in the wagon
Our last day of vacation with the Williams crew. Thanks for taking your two weeks to spend with us! We cherished every minute of it!