Julie (my sis) and Travis hosted a 'China' reunion of all the people who had come to visit us. This was such a blast. And I know I am always bragging on Julie, but let me tell you how she rolls: She went to the Asian market in town and bought a bunch of stuff, then she said things to me like: 'I thought we could do this, and I thought we could do that.' She bought different sauces. I had no idea how this would all come together, or if it would, but Julie was confident, and that was what I needed. We started early in the afternoon chopping and prepping. Half way through I knew something was missing....what was it??? I couldn't figure it out. Oh yes, Garlic, fresh garlic, used daily in every meal in China. We settled for garlic powder.
Everything turned out great, pineapple beef, sweet and sour chicken, dumplings, Baozi, veg and so much more. It was yum, yum. Julie just gets an idea, goes out on a limb, pours herself into it and it is golden. Love her.
It was SO fun to be next to my sis doing domestic stuff. I have to wear an apron, because I love to wear food...
Baozi (bread balls filled with meat and veg)
dumplings
pineapple beef (okay the beef was a little tough)
The guys chatting
Grace and Kristen reminiscing (maybe?)
Williams crew hanging out
This was a very special night, that ended, of course, with a girls versus guys game of a game we played when we were together in China. I do think the girls won, no doubt, though there were some accusations floating around of us bending the rules (aka: cheating).