Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas decorating....

It is early, I know. BEFORE Thanksgiving? Well, since we are traveling for Thanksgiving and Advent starts this weekend, we had to get everything out and up to be ready to start our walk down the road to CHRISTmas. Over the years we have really thought through how to redeem all traditions and have them point us to the reason for CHRISTmas. We are staying simple and hope to show to our children the joy of giving sacrificially and receiving with thankfulness.


sorting through the ornaments. We bought these in Bangkok, and each one is some symbol that has to do with Jesus.


Bella sorted too.







Bella took off more ornaments than she put on.






I almost opted out of stockings, but last year asked for some. We will stuff them for each other on Christmas day (the joy of giving and receiving), but every week up until then I think we may use them like 'Christmas Jars' where you put all spare change (and more) and then give to someone in need that week. (still thinking through how that will work). If you are having trouble with the math on the stockings, we have on for Abby and the little one for baby (boy?) Coker.


Our advent Calendar, here Sophia had decided to put some of the characters on herself, I love how one of the wise men is holding a sheep. This is the center of our celebration: the Advent of the Coming One.