This post is just because I am way off my game in blogging. And it may just stay that way. Our new life schedule here has almost every moment filled. And unfilled moments? Rest, my friend, rest. I try to blog once a week now, but I know I am missing tidbits I wish I could remember (prego brain loses those brain cells, that is proven right?). I will keep trying. This is a scrapbook of our lives, after all...
1. And on the seventh day...Sophia cried. And she has cried every day since. She went 6 for 6 day with no tears at school drop off. That has wore off and she cries a little every day now. Not a fit, but a cry, today it was a pretty good one. But she loves school. Every time I pick her up she is happy and says she loves it.
2. David says while "Sophia has a thumb-sucking habit, Bella has an addiction" yes, people, all the time. I am not sure if it is so much more this week because she is fighting a cold still, has teeth coming in or what, but you have to pry it out of her mouth, and we do A LOT. She loves her thumb. Instead of saving for college for our girls, we need to save for the orthodontist visits, seriously. Any advice here would be appreciated!
3. David and Soccer. David practiced three days with his team, then pulled a muscle, same one as last year. You realize he hasn't been in 'soccer shape' in a while, but he tried. Then he rested a week and played in a game. And he then pulled it worse, and what made it worse was they had used all their subs so David kept playing on it. Now his leg from a pulled muscle is black and blue, is that supposed to happen? He is now determined to spend the next year getting back into soccer shape in order to make it through this tournament uninjured. We have still gone to watch many games and will watch the final tomorrow night on our date. It really has been fun to watch live soccer again! And they are pretty good games too.
4. Alone time with Bella has been sweet, and preschool time with Sophia is fun too. I am hoping the whole thing doesn't get old for her. We are doing vowels, then a letter a week, which she already knows a lot so it is review, but beyond this I am just about ready to start teaching her to read, which I think is too early, so we are pacing through the alphabet, doing some fun other things, and then I will see about this whole reading thing...it is 'I' week, we build 'igloos' every day in our house (with couch cushions of course).
5. random pictures will come in another random post, I experienced some cramping today, so I am resting (and not getting up to get the camera). I really think it is in the 'nothing to worry about' category but it is still a bit uncomfortable. Four flights of stairs at least four times a day, and usually with at least 20 lbs of child or groceries on me (usually more) is taking its toll. I have been going a little harder today (our helper is off), so I am forced to just chill out right now. We were going to go out to a wedding in a village, but we will have to wait and see on that.