The many ways Abby is irreplaceable:
-she knows how we parent and why, she adjusted and agrees
-she is okay with letting our children cry (not giving into their whims)
-she can make incredible Chili, Salsa, tortillas, granola, and Chinese food, among other things
-when I have nothing for her to do and tell her to sit down and rest, she finds things to do, like take the girls clothes out that are shoved in their dresser and refold and organize.
-on a day when I am sick, she really is a great big sis to our girls, which is invaluable for David, who doesn't need to stay home for a long time.
-trustworthy
-when seeing the Avocados that I forgot about she quickly decides to make Guacamole, (this while I was sick, so unfair), she adjusts the recipe since one is already rotten. When I did get to taste it, it was delicious.
-She has a gentle spirit about her, and has taught Sophia so much Chinese, it is very clear. She is literate in her mother tongue and in Chinese.
- and so much more, but while some of this is trainable, most of it is not, she is/was a great worker, and friend, we will miss her