I am still in the hospital, so I am trying to capture stuff while I can before I really get into the life of mothering three. The girls come in the mornings with Poppy, CC, Laura, and Ryan, and hang out, and then nap and go do stuff with them in the afternoon/evenings. This will be my third night here and we hope to go home tomorrow...to join the fun and get into a 'new normal.'
Family being here has been INCREDIBLE. What a blessing. When I saw CC, I smirked and asked: 'so what do you want to do your first day here? Have another grandchild.' And we laughed, like we hadn't missed a beat, even though we all haven't seen each other in six months.
They have really hit the ground running jetlagged and all. Ryan had a rough first day, as to be expected, but today he was super happy and giggled lots. I had some good time with the whole crew while David spent hours at a Thai military office getting a rush on the translation of the birth certificate.
How are the girls doing? the big sisters? Awesome. Of course, Bella cries anytime David leaves them, but gets over it soon, and she is getting better...if you sneak out. I noticed today as I walked with the crew down to the food court that even Sophia was really clinging to me.
Bella is pretty unaware that she is a big sis, she says: 'baby Tobin' and knows mommy has an owie, but otherwise stays in her own little world of a 22 month old.
Sophia LOVES baby Tobin, and loves on him gently. She wants to hold him all the time and does well when she does. She is quite the big sis and ready to be a big helper. I know it will be a huge transition once we get home and get into routine without all of mommy's attention, but I know they will do well.
And David? My knight in shining armor, have I said that before? He is AMAZING. Serving us all, working hard now as Mr. Mom at home with the girls, showing his family the ropes, and turning on the charm to woo the Thai offices to speed things up with paperwork before their national holiday the next three days. What an incredible Father he is! I pray our girls grow up to settle for nothing less than someone just like him, and that Tobin grows into the same kind of man that David is: strong father, wise leader, gentle caregiver, centering our home on faith in Christ, and not wavering in his walk. I am so blessed.
God has been so gracious to us. Wow. So much praise and gratefulness to give to the giver of all these good gifts.