Sunday, December 18, 2011

Our 8 month old




Tobin is a smiley happy baby.
He dropped from 80-90% in weight to 50%, this is okay, but still a doc recommended that I start giving him a few snacks. This has really helped his night sleeping. He used to wake up b/w 5-6 a.m. now he goes usually until 7 a.m.

He loves to army crawl around the house and get into everything. We have makeshift 'fences' to reign him in. He can crawl off of his belly and has done it quite a few times, but always reverts to the belly on the floor.

He is making tons of noises and babbles. Sophia thinks he can say 'mama' and 'dada' but he is really just making the consonant sounds.

He is eating: brocolli, tofu ( a little), egg yolk, peas, carrots, pears, applesauce, sweet potato, some ground nuts, ground flax seed, brewer's yeast, wheat germ, rice cereal, and oatmeal. I am thinking of finally making my own yogurt and starting him on it. David really wants me to do this because he wants to eat it too!

He has NO teeth to speak of yet.

He looks just like David to me, except the blue eyes, which have remained a bright, pretty blue. He sometimes has this mischievous grin when we tell him 'no' or 'no touch', it reminds me of David...I can just picture in about 10 years, David and Tobin making mischief together like David and his dad used to do (dare I say, potato gun?!). So fun...