- We have to renew Sophia's passport, as already mentioned. And finally the embassy said they would be coming to our provincial capital. This means no ikea, but it also means a much easier trip. Of course we wanted to go to Chengdu and see Pandas and shop, but really at this stage traveling is not easy. We choose it wisely. It has taken all week and many emails to get all of this confirmed. Now for the paperwork prep.
- Therefore, this week we will travel to the capital and then to another city to visit some friends who are moving back to the U.S. (way more fun than Ikea and Pandas)
- Also the past week we tackled 'no thumb sucking' which will be documented in another post, we have been mostly successful, praise God. We did indeed pray a lot about this whole thing. We ended the week with a celebratory party.
- David got quite sick in party prep time, and I went it alone, no way was I putting off the celebration.
- But by the end of the day I was 'done'. It ended in difficulty and for me despair that David talked me out of with truth and love. And in the morning, he let me sleep in a little and I woke to this: "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself: "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lam 3:22-26. Such good news.
Here are a few more pics from Poppy and CC time, these were about the only ones taken with our camera:
pretty dress, ball cap. Love it.
what is in here for me, asks Tobin