(our vows are on the wall on the left)
Because we had guests coming in we celebrated our anniversary a few days early (it was actually on the 15th). It was a very simple, very needful little date. We got Ayi to watch the kids from 3:15ish until 7 p.m. We drove around, looked at some potential housing (we may have to move within the next year, who knows), and then ate Korean food (sushi with cooked meat, and Korean bbq).
The past nine years have been incredible. God has so blessed.
David says I don't have a love language (if you believe in the whole 'love-language' thing, :)), we joke about it a bit. BUT we both have learned about our hearts and desires and what communicates respect and love to each of us over the years. For example, flowers. I used to think I could take or leave them (as gifts I mean), but in the past few years, David, knowing this, has persisted in periodically buying me flowers. And I realize I DO love it. I love beauty and trying to make our house beautiful and he loves me and takes the time to think about me and buy me something beautiful. I love receiving flowers, who knew? David did.
For our anniversary he bought me a LOT of flowers. Our house was filled and the smell was like a wonderful blooming garden, and it reminded me daily of his love for me.
Thank you David for an incredible nine years, for being a refuge for me and my very best friend.
(one day I may tell our love story here, it involves John Owen, Swing dancing, soccer, India, China, and so much more of God's Providences)