The girls have really gotten into playing 'school' these days. It is so entertaining to watch. Sophia is usually the teacher, and Bella, the model pupil.
In these scenes, Sophia is teaching Bella how to write the English Alphabet. The crazy thing is that they were completely using Chinese the whole time to communicate. What they are really playing is 'Chinese School'. All of the instruction is in Chinese, and the only English said is when they get to the next letter or sing the ABC song. It is so hilarious!
The other crazy thing is that I have done pretty much zero formal instruction of handwriting for Bella, she has only done tracing stuff. Of course she attempts letters and numbers on her own, but I was so impressed with her handwriting (I asked Sophia twice if Bella did this on her own!?)....I think I may just capitalize on Sophia teaching Bella, have each child teach the younger, and retire from homeschooling altogether.
Notice, Bella boo is very left-handed!
Sophia is quite an animated teacher, and literally sounds just like her Chinese teachers, with her various emphases on words and clearer speech (which is not how she talks when playing with her friends).
They did this whole thing again today and Sophia started with Chinese characters, no lie. This was fun-ny! She really only knows a few by heart, but Bella did mimic some of them. Tobin got his own pen and paper and tried to mimic them as well. These kids!
