Many of you have been following the saga of Gabrielle's fever/illness journey. I have yet to post about it mainly because I have been so busy, feeding, rocking, and tending to baby G. On top of that I have had to maneuver this city with her and our stuff alone, which has been interesting.
I will start with the latest news and back track. Gabrielle has no infection in her blood, no bacterial infection at all that they can find. This is great because she doesn't need antibiotics. She did test positive for the group of viruses in the category of enterovirus and rhino virus. They are 2 different things but it would explain much of what has been going on, and in newborns, these viruses can be REALLY bad. But thankfully for G it wasn't, I think her immunity through my breast milk had something to do with that. She did end up with diarrhea, and her fever back and forth low-grade. Since coming home from the hospital (to the guest house), she has had no fever at all, and her diarrhea seems better. We seem to be at the end of this illness, and I am so thankful we did come here to try to figure it out, give her fluids, and have her under really good care. True blessings. We will see the doc again either this afternoon, or tomorrow. If we see her today, we may return home tomorrow, though the doc did not want me to rush home.
And yes, we got her visa! In hand. Thanks to my amazing husband who had a visa service do this for me. Just thinking about going and waiting in line with G for 2 hours, then dealing with it all then having to go back, about put me in the hospital with G (only so much I can handle right now).
I will be honest, this has been rough. Not only because of her illness, but because of various side affects, like her not nursing well, so not sleeping well. My milk supply is waning, so I tried a little supplement of non-lactose formula (only 1 oz), it too caused her pain. Her stomach is SENSITIVE and gassy. David keeps encouraging me when I despair or have a pity party with myself of not knowing what to do for our baby girl. And he linked me to this: Ten Big Daily reminders, which has been so helpful for perspective and reality of who I am and even better, who my God is!
Thanks everyone for praying for us! We will keep you updated.