In March I assured David he need not worry about my buying enough strawberries, our helper said they would last until April. "That is next week, honey." He replied. Really??? No Way!
Two days ago on the phone with another ex-pat living in China, she was asking if I was going crazy getting ready to return to the U.S. I said: "I am making myself wait until at least May 1st before I pull out bags and start to think about packing...."
"Uh, Lorraine, that is tomorrow!"
"Oh, really?" Hm....
These days go by.
We all bought new minority outfits, Bella's is not done yet, this is an old one. Tobin looks extra handsome as the blue accents his eyes. Yes, this is the hat the men wear. Sophia and Bella are doing a dance that they did in their ballet/dance class, while Tobin tries to participate.
Some friends came in from the village. Lately we have had lots of visitors or we have 'gone visiting' a lot and these folks keep us in fresh fruit and veg, not to mention rice! We have received so many watermelons, potatoes, and all kinds of other stuff. Yum.
This lady is like family, she is the one who wanted a 'western meal' a few years ago and promptly pulled the cheese OFF my pizza and refused the fresh raw spinach salad. That is okay, I refuse the raw pork she offers me...so we are fine.
David jokes and laughs with them. They say we need one more child. It is hilarious how everyone freaks out about how many kids we have, but people who know us slowly tell us how we need more. The guard at our complex was pretty forceful about it. "One more boy" they all say. As if you can choose. The chef at one of our favorite restaurants told David that we needed two more kids. David told him if he would come be our live-in helper, sure. Then the others around him piped in and said we could hire him to be our cook. Oh, we would get so fat, he is a fabulous cook!
On a family outing to the lake we checked out the new road that loops it. You can rent these bikes, they are a little hard to maneuver, these ladies let me try it out. Tobin is right there in the middle of them....he just batted those baby blues...
Taken with David's phone, I really like these pics at ballet class.
This girl....a. doll. baby. She is not really quite sitting up on her own yet unless propped. It should work in the airplane.
When I told Tobin we were getting on a big airplane in a few weeks he said: "Mommy, will you have a baby in your belly?!" No sir, though his thought process is interesting since the last plane we went on that was the case.
So much fun.
We went out to visit some of our fave friends in their village. They just built a new house there. It is NICE! It is right on the way to the mountain where we have our Chinese Medicine Project.
Yes, we leave in three weeks and have LOTS to do. Not to mention I plan on homeschooling up until two days before we leave. Trying to finish up some things and then blow off the summer months!
We will have to review Chinese for sure, especially for Soph since she will start 1st grade, but also for the others as they will go to their classes (Tobin included) a week after we get back as well. I may just make them 'play school'. They do this all the time on their own and speak entirely in Chinese. It is hilarious.