Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tid bits...

We have an awesome travel itinerary...let's see how quickly it goes bust. If it is one thing we have learned about flying?! Delays, mishaps...etc.

IF all goes as planned, after our night in the airport hotel in the provincial capital, upon boarding our first flight it will be 23 hours and 34 minutes. This is a record folks! We shall see. (of course I am not counting the first night).

We may try to put baby G in our baby tent in the hotel since there will be no crib, I am sure she will hate it unless we spend this week getting her used to it. OR we could just make a barricade with suitcases. She rolls all over but can't pull up, this should work.

I have tried to check but am not sure there will be baby food provided. I know the airline does have an 'infant' meal. I am hoping to take some if they will let me...except our town has zero jar baby food. I was going to put my own in jars, but that would be less likely to go through security. We JUST ordered some from taobao...hoping it arrives in the next five days. It should, it is usually FAST.

If you know iphones, smart phones and Siri, then you know you can ask your phone aloud to 'show me a fighter jet' and it will say: 'this is what I found' and show you a picture. Today at lunch Tobin had a fake phone and started saying these things:
-show me a picture of a poisonous monkey...
-show me a picture of a really, really big snake that can bite
-show me a soldier

Our helper often tells us crazy news stories about what is going on around her village. A murder is a huge deal in our town...rarely ever happens, and it is always gory when it does (no guns, just knives allowed here). On Friday, she came over to the home school room and said: I have to tell you something...and started telling me a very rated "'R' for violence" story about a murder and then suicide between two men, as I was taking it all in I finally told her to wait, please don't say this in front of the kids. Later, I had Sophia tell it back to David to see if she understood it, she had, unfortunately.