Our time in the U.S. is winding down. It has been a blast....more to come here.
Some quotes to remember (before I forget).
One week in, as I was getting off the interstate and there was a long line of cars..
Sophia: "mama can't you just 'cha dui" ('cut in line' in Chinese)?'....
"Honey, we are not in China anymore" (not that I have ever done that in China, wink and a smile)
I had to explain how laws differ in different countries, again. (this discussion comes up about car seats, among other things).
Also driving, Tobin said: 'Mama, slow down!' I actually was also merging on the interstate and going around a curve, actually going the speed limit, but we are not used to driving this fast, so 50 mph feels really fast, it scared him. This took me about about a week to get used to as well. Okay, more like a day. I LOVE driving in America.
6-8 weeks in, Sophia says: 'Mama, I think America is a bit cleaner than China'
I laughed hard: 'There is also about a billion less people in America and they are more spread out, that makes it easier to keep clean'
We still do not have return tickets....but we are ready to return! Keep you posted and unleash a back log of pictures.