Thursday, April 2, 2015

School Field Trips

Right after Poppy and CC left, Tobin and Bella's classes went on field trips. Since I had never been on one with Bella, I decided to escort her up to the Pagoda.

Stairs all the way to the top, it is a decent climb, not bad though.
 I had better pics but my phone+computer=issues I can't deal with right now.

pretty hazy. Gorgeously tall mountains are the backdrop to this picture.

We really had a good time, but had to hike down early to pick up Tobin from his field trip. I did have pics of him too...but...

Walking around the pagoda/Buddhist temple, Bella's teacher, and one of my favorite people, started reading from her phone about the temple, meaning, etc.

Later as we walked she chuckled to me that she really didn't understand it all. This sparked a very good discussion where I was able to share much truth with her. She knows us and she has been in our home more than once, but it was great to be out of our normal context and able to put some meat to what we say and do as Christians as we looked upon people lighting incense to Buddha and a monk texting on his cell phone.

All that we saw that day also gave Bella and I some great conversation topics. She is a sweet, precious girl, with such genuine faith!