Monday, April 13, 2015

Tobin at Four

Tobin is a super charmer, all rambunctious boy.
Here are some of his interests/quotes of late:


  • He still talks about his cousin Isaiah a bit, and tucks his shirt in like him. When they play 'family' he is always 11 (now 12) years old, 'like Isaiah'. 
  • "Can Poppy teach me how to fly an airplane, then when I grow up I can fly a helicopter and wear a helmet like this one (shows me the picture of the helicopter pilot and his gear)?"
  • After Bella mentioned what she wanted to do when she grows up Tobin nonchalantly said in all seriousness: "I want to fix airplanes and be a super hero"
  • he is really good at building things with legos, he can look at the pic and do it himself, or just picture it in his head and build something cool
  • For a just four-year-old with very little practice (read: we don't do PE in our homeschool...yet), he has some pretty good ball skills with a soccer ball. And he hates to lose. 
  • We have a book on SPEED that I recently got out for him. It is all things FAST. When he got to the fastest man in the world...Usain Bolt, he became a little infatuated. "can I have some shoes with Usain Bolt on them?" "Can I have a shirt with Usain Bolt on it?" I finally figured out that he wants the shirt, shorts, and shoes that Bolt is wearing in the picture, basically the Jamaican track team jersey!
  • In all seriousness he asked me: 'Momma, who is faster Bolt or Dash (from the Incredibles)?" my reply (at first): 'honey....Dash is not a real person....' (seeing his face not understand, I decide to back pedal a little) "in the superhero world, Dash is the fastest, in the human world, Bolt is the fastest"
  • because we tell him about how things like spinach and meat will help build his muscles, he eats a bite and then says 'see?!' and shows us his arm muscles.
  • One day, taking B and T to school, I let them sit in the very front seat together (like the locals), (this is a short distance with very slow car speed). Bella started coming up with very creative things that our car would turn into if you pressed a certain button....then I said: " I don't know if daddy told you but he got a jet engine put in our car, and if you push this button it goes as fast as a fighter jet. But we can't use it in town because of all the cars on the road....really...ask him about it." Tobin smiled at me the whole time, so I didn't think he was buying it, and I am sure Bella didn't. Then Tobin, quite a few minutes later said: " I know mommy, you know at night when the cars are not out?' "cars or stars?" "Cars! when the cars are not out, we can go out on the street and press the button and use the engine!" 
  • Tobin has a very sweet personality that is super fun. He loves playing with each of his sisters and is protective of Gabrielle. We are so blessed to have him in our lives, can't wait to see what the Lord does with him!