Thursday, November 12, 2015

October Wrap-Up

I know it is almost Thanksgiving...but here we go.

Two days after my 13.1 mile jaunt around town I got sick. That was starting Oct. 26.
I am still at it. Pneumonia finally set in and took its toll (2nd time this year, what is up with me?!).
I am finally on the upswing, I think.

Meanwhile, I have been functioning and learning to lean into the Father.
The Florida Gators are doing well, and this little fan is chatting up a storm.

On Reformation day (aka Halloween), we hosted a family, had a bonfire and introduced the Dutch to 'S'mores'. When my friend replied to my invite, she said, 'no I don't know 's'more', do you eat it, drink it?' They and their four kiddos LOVED the American S'more.

We did carve a small little guy. All we could find this year:


The kids decided to 'play Halloween'

 Great reenactment of 'Frozen'.

Also at the end of October Sophia and Bella had school field trips.
This was on one of my high fever days, but I took a tylenol and told David I would be back in 30 minutes, after dropping off Tobin, Sophia, and then Bella.

 Except the logistics proved to be a fiasco. Many classes chose to go to the same spot. That is about 1,000 parents dropping of kids in a narrow little back road. Really?
We had to walk almost 3/4 of a mile, up a steep back hill (this was the lake our family biked around).
I was in cold sweats by now, weak, and trying to keep a good attitude for Bella's sake.


 In the end I had left our home at 7:45 and returned at 9:30.
The pick up time for Sophia was 10:30.
David did the round of pick-ups for me. I was down for the count.


 Here I leave you with Home Skillet Gabby Shab:
She put the hat on backwards and picked up the toy cell phone...
this girl
And we are enjoying cooler mornings, upper 70s in the afternoons.
The girls went on a nature walk scavenger hunt for Science today enjoyed it.
on their check-off list:
Mammal they saw: Sophia: 'me', Bella: 'D lady'.