In a school year that starts late because we have been in the States, I am always pushing to get things done. But because I changed up history (and LOVED it), I could give up a week of 'Core' and do electives. This is fun stuff we never get to do.
G wanted to stick with tot school stuff...'let's do school mommy'
We rearranged the older girls room and installed a climbing rope. Great for strength and exercise.
Their room looks like a gymnastics gym most days. We bought foam beams and hope to get a real one for their birthdays.
I did snap circuits with all the kids during this week and they LOVED them. We did about 7 different circuit projects out of 100. Even though it is for ages 8 and up, by the end, Tobin was building them on his own.
Gabrielle helped hand over the parts he needed.
We also did a project from the book "Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction", Tobin has been begging to make things from here since we got it.
For the girls I promised a good art/craft project.
We got crafty and built these 'lanterns'Tobin had to do one in boy colors.
We finished a whole read aloud book in one week (Wolves of Willoughby Chase, So fun), we relaxed, we had fun and played a lot of games. The kids still did their half days of Chinese school and the homework, but we chilled on everything else.
We are geared up for 4-5 more weeks of school before our summer break to Thailand.