Mar 3, 2018
David left with Mr. Mike and Josiah and headed on to Bangkok for a meeting. As he was leaving he went through the gamut of 'call this person if this...etc. etc.' we laughed a little and Mike said: 'Nothings going to happen while David is away.' We then really laughed because without fail something usually does.
With minds at ease they went to the airport and we went on with our day.
Mid-day after a bite from an apple I started having an allergic reaction, instant puffy eyes and throat swelling. I really had no one to call that could help immediately. With the kids by myself and never having felt this way before I had to think it through a bit. I called a friend for a consult on Benadryl, and because Isabella ate from the same apple (we are not allergic to apples, these did not come from our normal vendor and must have had some serious pesticide/poison who knows?) she too was unwell.
I started talking it through with the kids in case the Benadryl didn't work for whatever was going on. I finally did call one of our closest local friends to come over. (I wasn't sure if I would need to go to the hospital). We all did end up going to the hospital for the doc to see Isabella. It was hard for me to discern what was going on with her, so I needed a better opinion. By then I could tell the Benadryl was working on me. Isabella too was better but sleeply (I might have given her too much medicine :))We all came back and crashed and so thankful that another crazy event turned out fine.
Needless to say, the text David received when his plane landed in the capital was: 'call me, we are having a little emergency'. With all that had been going on with the fam he almost hopped on the next plane back but I assured him we were fine.
Though a different kid was in my bed every night David was gone, we really were fine and discovered a great place to skate while daddy was away. I even laced up and had flashbacks of fifth grade skating parties:
Gabrielle doesn't have skates yet, so we went on a few other rides.
and then she did try Isabella's and got the hang of it fast.
When David returned it was time to get some haircuts. This was Gabrielle's first haircut from a hairdresser. She did great!