Friday, December 5, 2008
the week
This week completes my 11th week of pregnancy. I am feeling pretty good, my mornings are much better, though I still slip a nap in in the afternoons. This week also is when I officially started cooking again, I mean with a real menu plan and everything, reminding me of when to go to the market, what to buy and detailing the processes so I would know how much time I needed for everything and could plan accordingly. So I haven't blogged all week. I have been superbusy and by evening I am spent. But I have followed the plan of meals and even added one surprise in there for David. All week I had been craving a BLT, one of my favorite sandwiches (boring, I know). Interestingly enough, all we had was the bacon (from an import store that is now closing). By Thursday I bought and cleaned the lettuce, made bread, picked out good tomatoes, and remembered we had good mayo from Wal mart in Dali (5 hours north). They were delicious! David said it was the best sandwich he had in ages, but really, in our context, simple things like BLTs are refreshing and do taste so much better than eating one from a cafe in the U.S. Simple blessings. I also made a chocolate eclair cake that we hope to dive into tonight. Don't worry we have eaten some healthy meals in there too. Next week I hope to start exercising again....let you know how it goes.