We made 'Ee' s with Peas, and did various other activities for school time today. The letters and numbers I do focus on some, but the other activities are a hodgepodge from various sources, all online, and none original with me. Of course, since she has a newly discovered love for cutting with scissors and glue, we do that a LOT.
I was stressing out about stuff, but have recently just relaxed, I make sure there is some structure, but mostly FUN! FUN! FUN! I mean, the girl is not yet 3! So for 'E' which she already knows pretty much, we traced it some, glued on the peas, tomorrow we will decorate boiled Eggs, we should go ride an Elephant, but I have never seen one around here! I let her play with the peas for a while, this is always fun, crazy me used to let her do this on the kitchen floor with some containers and utensils, but I have now built in better parameters and she did great playing with them on a big tray on her table.
Next we practice our verse for the week, then we use her wooden 'number train' to build ramps and have a competition between train cars, to see which one rolls the farthest, all the while reviewing numbers. The number four is her trouble spot right now. (Number recognition, not counting. we practiced ABCs for so long that I left the numbers way behind....so working on that some now through play)
And we of course read books, Little Red Riding hood is her absolute favorite right now. And we have three versions of it, one of which is quite scary, so I edit out those parts!
She loves Three billy goats gruff too....
When she has 'Chinese' time on opposite days, we have the fairy tales in Chinese so Abby can read them to her, but these are the real scary versions...her Chinese time is completely Sophia-guided, but they are always talking as they play, and that is good enough for her to learn the language for now. Sometimes they build with legos, sometimes they play 'market,' sometimes they sing and dance, they color, and read. She loves that time with her jiejie (big sis).
I have not yet figured out how we will work in some type of school time while in the States, I know we will break from it a lot, which is A-okay, but need to think through it some more. The biggest deal will be Chinese. She picks it up quick, but will lose it just as fast, so we need to incorporate some time of Chinese-only speaking hour or something...not sure yet...