Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sights, Sounds, smells...of late


Gardenias are being sold everywhere these days, we buy them up. About 15 cents for this bundle.

we live on the top floor of our building, the neighbors across the hall use the roof to keep their pet rabbit and raise chickens, here they are. They sometimes get down by climbing the ladder and then make a mess on the stairs...eeck.


This is right outside our door, the light is the way to the roof. Just about all of the stuff there is our neighbors. We have a grill out there hidden by all their stuff, and we have a few bags of recyclables added to their huge pile. Pretty skilled chicks to climb down that 'ladder.'



These big birds are the troublesome fellows. They are on the ground floor. Everyday for a week they woke me at 4 and 5 a.m. I was seriously on the hunt for a gun of any sort, until I remembered that someone taught me how to ring a chicken's neck in preparation for living in a rural Asia, just in case I needed to know....would have come in handy. But I was elated to see the cages all cleaned out and chickens gone...for now.

The above chicken coop is right behind these plants....did I mention the smell? We get the chicken coop smell from the ones on the roof and the ones here. But as of the past few days, they may all be gone...who knows.