"People hit people here."
"I can go to the squatty all by myself, let me show you" (and we go to the school bathroom for me to see she can in fact do it all by herself. This was self taught, she learned by watching.
"Some children do not listen and obey the teacher." (ummm...possibly because every person in the room is an only child and has never been told no)
"The little girl asked me my name and then another girl told her I could not speak Chinese"
(interesting, since she can and does speak. But she has admitted to not talking to many kids at school yet, but I think that is changing some)
"Mama, can I eat here PLEEEAAASSSEEEE" (and I sit down with her and let her just this once to see how she would do. She ate the meat but avoided the veg. The menu that day was boiled pork, a sour veg with pork, and yangsi gua, a kind of vegetable,(I have no idea what this is in English and have never seen it in America) all with rice of course. Because I do not want her wasting their food, we have opted not to do this anymore. Note to self, pick her up before they start serving food.