Wednesday, July 20, 2011

forward motion

whether I want it to or not, life is moving forward. Sometimes I think a pause would be nice, to help process, catch my breath, take the blows better, enjoy the 'joys' more fully. But no. The grace-filled life is one that can take blows, enjoy 'joys', and REST in the goodness of the One who ordains it all, while the storms still pound the soul. So, that has been my struggle of late. Honestly though it is a good struggle. I am still trusting, still believing, still knowing where all hope lies, I am not despairing, though at times I thought I might. Grandma's death was just one major hurt in the midst of many that are weighing heavily here, and my faith grows through the pain. Yes, Jesus is my all in all. I reheard one of my favorite OLD hymns lately and it bids me trust in Him, wholly, and rest in His arms:

Come Ye sinners Poor and needy.

Weak and wounded Sick and sore.

Jesus ready Stands to save you.

Full of pity Love and power.

(Chorus)

I will arise and go to Jesus

He will embrace me in His arms.

In the arms of my dear Saviour

O There are ten thousand charms.


Come Ye thirsty Come and welcome.

God's free bounty glorify.

True belief and true repentance.

Every grace that brings you nigh.



Come Ye weary Heavy-laden.

Lost and ruined by the fall.

If you tarry 'til you're better.

You will never come at all.



View Him prostrate in the garden.

On the ground your Maker lies.

On the bloody tree behold Him.

Sinner will this not suffice.


Lo! The incarnate God ascended.

Pleads the merit of His blood.

Venture on Him Venture wholly.

Let no other trust intrude.