Bella:
One day I wore a belt, I haven't needed to do this in a while, so Bella was not used to it. She said:
"momma, are you wearing Daddy's belt?" When I told David this he laughed, thinking it funny that she even knew what a belt was considering she struggles knowing her basic animals (we are working on that).
Today as I changed her diaper (yes, we know she needs to be out of diapers), Bella said: 'momma, will you get it off? I am scared...my poo poo stinks." then she went back in the other room to Ayi and said: 'wode poo poo mei you hen chou', 'my poo poo is not very stinky'.
Sophia:
At lunch she started to pray in Chinese then switched to English and prayed: 'Jesus, please help Ayi trust you more and more' (I then told Ayi what she said).
Once a week I usually read a chapter of 'A Child's history of the world'. This week's chapter was on Helen of Troy. I asked her questions at the end, like, what was the Trojan war about? etc. I told her, yes, it was over Helen, and I recapped the story and said: 'Because she was the most beautiful woman in world.' And Sophia looked at me with all sincerity and said: 'even more beautiful than me?' I just looked at her and smiled. Of course we tell her she is cute, pretty, whatever, not too often but enough. But daily she gets it from the locals around us, humility will be our next emphasis!