Sunday, April 1, 2012

The buying and selling of goods

Anytime we are at the market, or buying fruit and things from vendors off of the street, they must weigh the goods, and tell us how much it is. They pull out their trusty scale, a weight on one end of a small pole, and a string on the other end that holds the tray to put the goods on. This is a daily occurrence. So when Sophia started doing this in her playroom the other day, I had a good laugh at her cleverness. This is her world.


I had her reenact her putting together the scale. She was a great little market vendor.


though she may have overcharged a bit because I am a foreigner :)

Here is a good example, except no tray is needed because she is selling chickens, just hang those by their feet, alive and well.