Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Projects: Bathroom re-org

Mid way through my little bathroom re-org, I took a picture. Basically this is what it looked like before but picture much more clutter.

At this point things were cleaned out a bit. My goal was to get the blue drawer thingy off of the counter top, we only ever used the stuff in two of the drawers. My other goal was to get rid of the gray drawer thing, not only an eye-sore but pretty much drawers crammed with stuff without much functionality.

After:

(see me in the mirror?)

Love that clean counter space with small candles. Tooth brushes are on the right. We bought this white shelf off of taobao and it had black doors on it. I used it in the kitchen some, filled only once ever. After sitting there pretty much unused I thought of other places to put it. (I do have a good amount of kitchen cabinet space). I took the doors off and moved it. I told David I was doing this and he had no idea what was going to happen. He was down stairs doing a clean up job too, and the girls helped him SO much.



For this project I only purchased 3 things: this canister thing, which anyone living in China knows it is used for spices and dipping sauces, it even came with small spoons that are now in the girls' kitchen. I already had the frame which now has a good verse in it (Rom 15:13). The other two things were a few new wash clothes (needed) and a stool, which was unnecessary but cute. Since I already had everything else, this was a ten dollar project. Niiiice.


This is the same kind of frame used above but is now a tray for the votives. I got these frames a long time ago in America for cheap!


This may not look super nice to you, but it is more functional, the blue drawer thing is virtually empty and will probably be used elsewhere. The pink bucket has kids wash clothes in it which we use often. The green bag is all extra teeth stuff (toothbrushes, toothpastes, etc.) and then the hand towels stacked next to it. All the towels used to be in an extra shoe closet at the end of our hall. Now they are right at our fingertips, yeah! Plus all this is behind closed doors since it is not that pretty!



Still not sure about the bottom container. It has all the toilet paper in it. I do have really pretty green baskets being used in the girls room right now, and this is working right now.
I organized everything, used some old cute green and white clinique bags for storage, gave David his own basket and me too for extra, miscellaneous stuff, and things are just neater looking, albeit a bit green and plasticky (I made up that word). We like it and most of all--it works!