Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quotables of late: Bella


This chic just cracks us up, can't you just see it in her eyes....

Here is what she has been saying lately...of course it may only be cute to us, or cute because she is two, but we are keeping this as a little family journal.

This was a few months ago:

Me: you are not a baby you don’t need to cry...."I do need to because I am a baby."


At night, when turning out the lights: "you go out and I will call for you and go potty in a little while."


"But mommy, I was cleaning the bathroom." (after getting discipline for putting the towel in the sink and playing in the water)


"For you and me and xiao chen, I am going to make coffee also, you don't need to worry."


"Sophia, what did you do at school today, eat and watch a video? That’s fun."



"Daddy, did you have a good day?" (she is so sweet when she asks people how their day was)


"Thanks for doing all that for the tea party, momma" (unprovoked thankfulness, really.)


"I ate too much oatmeal my tummy aches. My tummy aches because I ate too much oatmeal."


"my stomach aches really well"


"the carpet is on backwards"


This month:


As I laid down on the couch for a minute to catch my breath, Bella says: "mommy I am sorry you are tired."


She stopped got off her outdoor riding car flipped it on its' side looked underneath and said: "Mama my car battery died."


"Mama you are sitting next to me while I do math, you are a good mommy." (she is not really doing math, she just thinks she is)


In much angst and a pouty whine: 'mama xiao chen says I am small, really small." Honey, you are a little small. "No mama I am a little big" (said with sure fire conviction)


Now lets talk a minute about her ability to lie. I only note it here because it is a special trait, her straight face, cute smile, and complete untruth coming out of her mouth. It is cute and funny, and then it is really not. For example:

Sophia told me that Bella had eaten some soap on purpose (Sophia is pretty much a truth-teller, not always, but she is a tattler some too, in this case I was believing Sophia)

"Bella did you eat soap?"

"uh uh" (shaking head no)

"you didn't? say yes or no"

"no" (looking straight at me)

"you did not put any soap in your mouth?"

"No mama, I didn't" (sweet tone)

"Bella tell me the truth, did you put some soap in your mouth, you know what happens when you lie."

"no"

(I think I asked her about two or three more times in different ways and she said no each time)

"Bella, did the soap taste good or bad?"

"it tasted bad"

(and she finally fessed up clearly after still denying it for awhile)