Here are a few interesting/fun things I have found lately. Really I could do post after post on the 'interesting' things. But that would get old, and with taobao, we can get almost anything anyway!
Here is Hogood coffee. Not a big deal to some, but whole bean coffee has not been in our town...uhm...ever. Now a few shops have it. I bought this when we ran out of the coffee we had ordered and I thought it was a decent price 50 yuan ($8), but David says we get way more for our money with Yunlu coffee. Yunlu coffee is way better tasting too. We order it in the morning, it arrives by bus a few hours later. Convenient and yum.
Yes, I was SO surprised too. And I didn't really believe it because the price was not all that bad, 15 yuan, or $2.42. The interesting thing about this is that the entire bag is in English except the three characters in the middle there that say these are blueberries. Be-ware. Not blueberries. They were a big prune-like fruit with a pit/seed, and a slight blueberry flavor. Slight. I actually liked them, but will not purchase again.
Now. whoever invented these things needs some real kudos. I had never heard of them until dear friend K said that her husband loves them! Then they were on sale. I mean, Oreos are good enough, but cake-flavored ones, yum and more yum. Perhaps these have been around for forever in America, how would I know? But these may be the death of us yet. Seriously, we did buy them, then bought some more. And now we are backing off, and making good healthy changes (again), perhaps for another post.