Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May update

  • It is HOT, HOT, HOT here. We beg for the rainy season to start. It is pretty consistently over 90 degrees in our house, especially in our bedroom (93 two nights ago). David and I have slept out in the living room a few nights. 
  • Sickness pervades again. Weird stomach bug. Kefir didn't save me this time, though I had not been drinking it nearly as consistently. Trying to grow more grains, but so busy. You may find out what I am talking about one day. Anyway, we are all on the mend.
  • We were supposed to have a guest stay with us, but with sickness in our house she is staying at a hotel. She is visiting to discuss and encourage us in our homeschooling endeavor which officially starts this fall. Overwhelmed. Excited. Already need a teacher work day, or forty.
  • We said goodbye to Caleb T and family. Sophia cried all the way to dinner and said things like: 'I can't bear it..' and 'will we ever see them again?' (the truth is we just don't know, but we did promise to skype) (I will share her goodbye letter in another post)
  • We are moving apartments in July. In the next year or so they will move this school elsewhere, and our lease is up in August. We found what we hope to be a great place to plant for a while. It is a new complex, first floor with a small front and back yard of its very own. The place actually has a pool but no pump, and the office lady had no idea what chlorine is and what it can do for a pool. We hope to be able to use it, at least the first week after refilling it. They refilled it two weeks ago and it is dirty! Our apartment is not done yet and so we are helping design certain things, which is really good, but also complicated. When it is all done I may post some of the funnier things happening here. 
  • The girls have birthdays in June. A five-year-old and three-year-old, and One-year-old, I cannot believe it, where has the time gone. I have been parenting for five years?! Some days I feel like such a newby. For the record, Sophia wants a ballerina cake, and Bella wants an airplane cake, just like Tobin's. But she sometimes says she wants a princess cake.
  • Quote that melted my heart while brushing Bella's teeth: 'mama, your a good mama....mamas are pretty'