This week started rough but has gotten better. I finally had a sleep-thru night, but was still tired enough to warrant a little afternoon nap.
We did our morning school, then the girls played with some friends before lunch. And finally, in the afternoon I felt like doing something. Tobin was still napping so I took the girls and two of their friends on a walk around our neighborhood, stopping all along the way to play.
Here is my iphone self-portrait. yes, I am in a tank top and could have had on shorts. It gets in the upper 40s at night, pretty cool. But in the sunshine during the day it is upper 70s and super nice. I have my "Little Jim" hat on from my Grandma Pinnie's neck of the woods.
Before our little adventure (and during my nap), the girls played outside and planted a dead tree and fake flowers, I thought this hilarious. They really want a garden, which we do hope to start soon!
They also set up this contraption with their friends and put water in a big pan and 'made food'. I remember doing this when I was little.
I let Sophia hop the rocks and cross this little bridge that goes over the creek.
Bella climbed into this thing, which could be some kind of mini-pagoda, it does look a little Buddhist-like.
We stopped by the sand-pit play area.
And then a stop by the filthy pool. I really hope in the summer that they do better than this so we can enjoy it. It is dir-ty. But they sat and enjoyed it for awhile.
Who is this girl's mother and why doesn't she ever put barrettes in her hair?
It is almost 8 p.m. girls are talking. lights out soon. We have two more full days before we venture off!