Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rice play, Kisses, and Tea Party

Tobin literally just climbed up on the couch and kissed Bella and then Sophia, unprompted. Total sweetness. He is an affectionate little booger. This moment served to remind me, that at the end of the day, these kids and these moments are here and then gone and that these kids and these moments (even the hard ones) really are treasures.

 It hasn't been the easiest few days. With colds, various kids waking in the night, various attitudes creeping. A bumped, bruised, head, fights between siblings, etc. This mama is tired, but thankful.

Here are some more things we have done, in between all the chaos:
 Yesterday, I let the kids play with rice, they thoroughly enjoyed this. We did this after the girls helped me make granola bars for some friends I had coming over.

Tobin shows the remnants of chocolate on his face from the granola bar.


Today, as promised the girls and I had a little tea party.
 Go dress up and bring a friend!


I found these peg board things at Ikea. We broke them out and we all had fun. 
Bella made her own little pattern, two colors than another two.




I got Sophia started on this pattern and she finished it well.


Later after lunch we started rereading "A Dangerous Journey". This is already a family favorite. They sat still through three chapters (not Tobin). Bella was scared by the pictures but kept by my side in anticipation. 
then later Soph started flipping through and being very dramatic in her reaction to the pics. Bella and Tobin followed suit, they oohed and ahhed, and gasped.


 So much fun!
And yes, Bella chose the dress herself, very timely since State just beat Duke!