Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tobin turns 2: April 10, the morning

Once again I felt like I was throwing things together for Tobin's birthday. I happened to have been in bed sick the whole day before. But it was going to be small and simple anyway...and it ended up being perfect.

 How old are you Tobin? Two! And he puts he all his fingers up to show us.

 "Thank you, God"

 I started trying to follow my sister's family's tradition of number pancakes. I finally got the '2' right.

Our helper came in, one of his favorite people, and gave him some gifts, a water gun (water splashing festival is here!), 


And some flip flops. He LOVES to wear the girls' flip flops. This was a great gift. But his feet were too fat/wide to fit in these so she exchanged them.

While Tobin played, the girls and I decorated cupcakes. I surprised them with what we were making, they LOVED it. They were supposed to be little bears. But with the supplies I had they look more like owl-bears. Oh well. 
 They loved helping with this, and they were really good at it. This was very helpful for me too. We had a little assembly line going.







I told them they could add personality if they wanted. A lopsided grin, a frown. These were truly original.