Monday, February 24, 2014

Gabrielle's first eats

Gabrielle is still the major delight of her sibling's lives. She is five months old now and while different in many ways from the others as babies (like not sleeping through the night on cue at 2 months), she is very happy and chill like the others were. Blessing.

She did have an 8 day stretch of sleeping through the night, then not so much. We started solids just three days ago. We started with Avocado that I already had in the freezer. We have added some rice cereal in the mix and today I made sweet potatoes to start tomorrow. We are hoping this gets her sleeping better some. But really she just can't be hungry, look at those cheeks. And her thighs are chunky cuteness. Time to let her fuss it out again.
 She is a doll. baby.
 Yes, she looks a little like a boy in this outfit, sorry. She just grew out of some cute pink onesies and the others were in the wash! Our helper and I rigged up the high chair. It was broken on many levels but we are making it work with our booster seat (minus the cushion). This is the buckle that is holding her in. Don't worry it is as safe as the original. No way was I buying a new high chair!
Still having a hard time capturing  her smiles, which she does a lot, just not at the big black thing in your hand (camera). 
The solid food thing is a big game changer. I had gotten into a good groove of routine and that adds another 20 minutes 3x/day, but we are working it. The girl is growing up. 

The next game-changer will be when she really starts moving or even rolling which she isn't quite doing yet. She currently takes naps on our big bed if David is working from home. Soon, that will be dangerous. We will have to roll the pack-n-play around. 
When she consistently sleeps through we will move her in with the girls, changing table and all! Currently we have a changing table (a broken cabinet with a cushion on top) in the hall way!

She does laugh and giggle a lot and wakes up smiling from her naps!

I am still nursing her, I really was not sure how long this would last, David and I both vowed 6 months, but many times I just wanted to give up. Not now. We will make it six months and hopefully much longer. We shall see. That too is a blessing. So thankful!

We just took her for her shots. We are using ones we brought in from Thailand. They are super nice at the clinic and are used to us by now. She cried for about five seconds then stopped.

That completes my brain dump about Gabrielle!