I keep telling the
kids this.
This is the year of
the RE-LAX.
The chill-out.
The trust.
So far I am not
doing too great at it. But that is what is great about 'it'. I can still rest.
Because my whole intention in the word is really just to Trust. And what
I keep telling myself and my family is that it is NOT
BE-LAX, as in
hands-off, do nothing, go free.
It is to LIVE
free.... in HIM.
Free from all guilt,
from all shame, from all accusation, from all lies, from law, from SIN!
I can rest, and
relax, and hope, and have joy when the mess and muck pull at my heart (and
comes out of my mouth), because my heart is tied by strings that bind...to Him
who paid it all.
And don't think that
I don't need to be reminded daily of this intention and truth. I do. Daily.
My self-focus is my
problem.
Everyone keeps
saying: 'just do the next thing', yes, good. But my problem is I focus on
it, on me and how to deal with the
'next' thing. How to prepare for what is coming. I don't enjoy the
now---where God has me now! I don't stop---stop to play, stop to listen, stop
to cuddle, stop to trust, because I rely on self to get to the next thing well,
and crumble when I don't. All this pride run a muck in my heart!
So, RE-LAX,
Trust.
I smile to write it because it is so real. The Freedom in Christ is so
real. I am tasting it, it is good.
The RELAX takes the
burden off. Much like Christian in his journey in Pilgrim's Progress. He still
ran when it was gone...ran in freedom...but his pursuit wasn't done.
I have been
meditating all month in Romans, and it has refreshed my soul fierce with its
truths.
It is not an easy
"RE-LAX", not an easy freedom, it was blood-bought.
My 'right' ness was
blood bought!
The glories of
Romans 8 followed by HIS Mercy explained in Romans 9-11 (via some very weighty
theology) to come out on the other side with the miraculous way to live it--the
implications and practicalities of Romans 12.
Live it, live it,
because you can!
I don't want to
lecture to the kids, I want to live it to the kids. A life of trust. Of
abiding in Mercies new…
They see me
frazzled, they see me worn, they hear me harsh, they hear me rude.
But they also
hear...and see....the brokenness, the tears, the forgiveness, the Love being
patient....
Yes, it is a topsy
turvey example they are getting in me...but it all goes back to ONE.
The Mary/Martha
conundrum. The One thing. The One person Jesus, in whom I trust real, who
delights to have me rest at his feet and really listen (TRUST/RE-LAX).
RE-LAX with me this
year. This life. Day. By. Day.