Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Girls in 'Onesies'

At the movies we ran into some friends and arranged a play date. I told the girls to speak Chinese if needed as this family's dad is Chinese and Mom is from Argentina, though their kids can speak some English. They watched a ballet video at their house and for the two days after, all the girls did was dress up in their leotards and 'perform' ballet. David started calling their leotards 'onesies like Gabrielle's' and Sophia and Bella immediately started urging me to put a pink 'onesie' on Gabrielle and take pictures. I obliged. It was too cute to pass up. Here are our baby girls in their pink 'onesies' and Tobin in the mix, because he is always in the mix.

 David would twirl and twirl  them around to their delight. I started telling the girls things like "I used to do this..." and "here is how you do this" and show them ballet positions. Then I would say things like "I used to be able to really do this and stretch like this." David just laughed and laughed at me....and made some good fun..." yeah, honey, like when you were eight". And then he said "I remember I used to be able to touch my toes all the way to my face....when I was on the changing table and my mom was changing my diaper". The kids got a big kick out of this.
 Beauties!
 Baby G is growing up fast. Incidentally, her 'onesie' says: "Girls fly too" and was a gift from Poppy the Pilot that each of our girls have worn!