We re-did our last August HS performance but added memory work from this Cycle. This was to display to Poppy and CC that we actually do learn us some stuff. And the kids love to do a show.
This performance also had a 'Bible' section where David quizzed them on stuff, and an 'interview' portion where I asked them about fave read aloud stories, etc. It was here that we found out that Bella really does NOT like all the handwriting in Chinese school!
It was also here, that as we watched the video, David captured Tobin pinching Sophia, picking his nose and delighting to tease her. But because they were 'on stage' Sophia just responded with her eyes and emotive facial expressions. It was one of the most hilarious videos of our Coker crew.
Lots of cuddles happened in their ten day visit. G is our cuddle bug.
We all got into Mexican Train Dominoes and ate lots of dessert, (it is a Coker tradition).
We got ready for Valentine's Day, perhaps the first time we have ever really celebrated it. Poppy and CC brought fun stuff to help out.
Our helper had to have us out to her village, and we love visiting her. As usual, Sophia jumped in the kitchen.
I love all the captures by Poppy.
where did the baby go?
Grandma put a smock on Sophia.
Tobin just walked down the way a little and joined these boys:
I noticed the boy on the right had quite a mangled hand, I asked about it and my assumption was correct: a firework exploded in his hand. This happens all the time around Chinese New Year...it is what happens when you introduce a lighter and gun powder to boys starting from a very early age.
The village meal
Sophia, Bella and I went WAY far down in the fields, this was with a major zoom.
David fixed a bicycle for our helper's daughter.
A huge pile of dirt to climb.
Yes!
Poppy in the corn.
And me...trying to understand the game MaJiang (mahjong). I still don't.