Sunday, September 11, 2016

Parenting Ten Kids: Confessions


  • I have reverted to Asian hole-in-the-wall-restaurant clean-up: wipe table crumbs to floor and sweep. 
  • We have done ZERO family devotions this weekend. OOPs. But I am clinging to prayer and perspective. 
  • We may have threatened squats and push-ups for any more bickering? (maybe this is a result of the previous bullet point)
  • David took 8 of ten swimming yesterday so I could prep dinner.
  • I am loving the 'eat out of the freezer' option. Optimum nutrition is not the game this weekend, survival is the game: frozen hamburger patties, frozen corn dogs, 'bagel bites' are on the menu tonight. I am adding splashes of fruit here and there. 
  • of the 36 Keurig coffee pods (didn't know what the heck that was until two years ago), There may be one left by the time the padres return. 
  • David took 4 of 10 to Btown for parties, practices, etc. today. Shiloh asked if she could take a nap, Sammy just fell asleep on the couch, and college football + video games is making up our Saturday.
  • And while that may not sound too stellar, I did get out on the trampoline with some kiddos and I can still do my flips. I took some on a wagon ride, and during naps I did work out. The steroids for my sinus infection may have helped :). 
  • BFF coming at 3 pm to hang and take two oldest to soccer game. 
  • drinking a McCafe coffee pod now and just updated my FB photo. Still not too savy on facebook and ongoing debate in our home about how committed to social media we should be (as adults, zero discussion for our kids). 
  • I have succumbed to closet envy. 
  • hoping to watch my Gators play. 
  • David told Anna she could only go with him if she changed out of her Tennessee outfit. :). 
  • I love being in a house of Gator fans. Haven't converted them to love NC State yet. A wolfpack is a way better mascot than a blue devil.
  • And I am not sure if the kids have homework due Monday. But if they do, they haven't touched it. 
  • Fish are still alive, and people are too here at the Williams home.
  • still loving it