This weekend we have the privilege of watching my sister's six children. It really has been a blessing: hectic, fun, exhausting, and sanctifying, but I wouldn't trade it!
David and I have really enjoyed it and are learning a ton.
With help of Heather on the carpool (thanks girl, best bff to both Julie and me), including our kids, we are in charge of kids the following ages: 13, 11, 10, 9, 7, 7, 6, 5, 2, 2.
Which ones are these?
Tobin, Sammy, Gabrielle.
And then David cleaned off my iphone lens:
(not fuzzy, but still not clear ?!)
Yes, we have fed them. There were vegetables on the plates. Not to say they made it to their bellies.Other things to note:
-Tobin is absolutely in his element with older brothers.
-Gabrielle and Asa play hilariously together, and though Asa has her on size, she out-manipulates and bulldozes her way. So ladylike, I know.
-in large family dynamics the terms: 'laundry done', 'pantry full', 'garbage out', are complete misnomers and misguided expectations. (we drank all the V8 splash the first day)
-asking a ton of questions of the older boys and the life of a middle-schooler, school bus stories, etc.
-Shiloh's prayer was precious, just keeping God updated on everything: 'thank you that ma and pa are at the beach and Uncle David and Aunt Lorraine are babysitting me....' it was a lot longer.
-I hit the walk-in clinic as soon as five of the kids were off to school today. Day 5 of severe headache and earache. Lots of fluid in my ears. This visit was fast, thankfully, so David and I hit Target with the other 5, to get my prescription and shop a little, we even tried on some clothes! It wasn't without incident, every Coker complained at some point, while Asa just went along for the ride in the BIG HUGE cart that had seats for everyone.
-Fish are still alive, and all the people too.