February 2017
Another dumpling night. This time, with another set of grandparents. That's right, our friends' grandparents overlapped with ours for a few days. So cool.K and I discuss the finer points of...let me guess...Chinese School or homeschool or child sickness, our most talked about topics.
Snack from the bread store: we call this her 'double barreled hot dog', it is actually pretty gross, she loves Chinese hot dogs. Me, not so much.
Here is another possible first car for our kids....though only old folks around here drive them.
The S family invited us to a restaurant/picnic on the outskirts of town.
It was beautiful.
Lots of crystal clear water and places to play.
Sophia gets the grill ready...
We ate in these huts.
The men grilled the meat.
It was yum. They did a great job.
This girl...
The kids were eating in one hut and adults in another. I went to check on Gabrielle and she was nowhere to be found. We yelled and yelled, no answer. Every adult got up quickly. David had to kick me into action with his words since I was the closest to the most dangerous spots: I sped down along the edge of the water looking at the bottom the whole way, with my heart in my throat. In the end (after a long, full minute) we discoverd that G had decided to follow Annabelle way up to another building to the bathroom without telling anyone.
And there they were, thankfully.
The grandmother's discuss...
Sophia is always helping cook:
The whole gang:
Sweet, precious.