February 2017
Poppy and CC arrived on our weekly dumpling night. I realized that many of the initial pictures were of us eating various meals. Eating is our one of our favorite past times.
Not everyone can handle sitting on these small stools, Poppy and CC are troopers, as I have blogged many times before!!! But their willingness to come and do and play and partake in all we do never ceases to amaze me. And they always bring adventure with them.CC, a former music teacher (and great musician), wanted to observe the girls' piano class. This proved so helpful as it made us hone in on some weaknesses and talk to their teacher about some issues. CC ended up spending a bit of time with them on the piano, awesome.
Another great meal out. Traditional Chinese style with lazy susan, family style.
Lunchtime snack bar. Noodles, grilled, fatty meat, and other interesting fare.
The girl has become quite savvy at the chopsticks.
These are actually french fries with a minty type green on them and spicy pepper flakes. Our fam loves this.
Yes. Lots of this going on, snuggles and play!
And, yes I did cook! I had made a ton of breakfast foods and desserts beforehand, but I had to make them a few of their favorite meals too. This night was Mexican! Baked Chimichangas, homemade salsa, and 'refried' beans. We also made bacon onion pizza one night. Our house helper is in this pic, she has grown to love some western foods (but doesn't like mayo or salad or plain cheese)