Sophia's Intramural games continued and her team did pretty well. Went to penalty kicks one game and lost. Though this is not the same as the school team this has been an encouraging time for Sophia as she leads her class team.
Also in art, Sophia came home and one Saturday re-taught Isabella and Gabrielle some painting. It turned out really well.
Friends over, and lots of hilarious antics. They often play 'school' of some sort with rounds of robbers or bad guys coming through, all of whom are promptly taken to the principal (which is not me but another designated kid).
A big 'arts' festival is coming up at school. Both Tobin and Sophia will participate in a dance with each of their classes. This is his outfit:
We changed our 'Shabbat Meal' up a bit. Now we do it less extensive but every Sunday. I light the candles put on the table cloth, get out the wine glasses (to put soda in), and we talk about our week, blessings, struggles, etc. I try to do something special for dessert or breakfast on the weekends or for this meal. This particular weekend I made mock krispy kreme donuts. I made these ten years ago and probably won't make them again for another ten years. But they were worth it!
So de-lish. Most things deep fried are, right?
No icing:
covered in glaze!
Confession: I had to make a double batch of glaze for one batch of donuts to suit the needs of our family :).
It's probably good this pic is not clear, but here I am vegging with coffee on the weekend.
Sophia's team consorting with the opposition at half-time, they are all friends, which is fun.
This is one of my fave pics of Isabella. Her happy place: in the village eating pineapple.
Next up: a delightful visit from precious people!